General terms and conditions
German Tennis Championships
For the purchase of admission tickets of Hamburg sports & entertainment GmbH (HSE)
HSE sells admission tickets for tennis events to resellers, business clients and individual customers (hereafter referred to as “customers”). For legal transactions between HSE and the customer the following general terms and conditions (hereafter referred to as “GTC”) in the most recent version exclusively apply. HSE does not recognize differing conditions of the customer unless HSE explicitly agreed to their validity in writing.
2. Refund and exchange of admission tickets/loss of tickets
- Admission tickets are in principle excluded from refunds and exchanges. This also applies if one or more players cancel their participation in the tournament or if single matches are cancelled.
- If one day of the event is cancelled completely HSE will, according to the customer’s choice, exchange the admission tickets for tickets of the same price category for another day of the event or refund the purchase price against return of the admission tickets. If one day of the event is partially cancelled the customer has the right to a refund of 75 % of the ticket price if less than half an hour was played on the day of the event, 50 % of the ticket price if less than one hour was played and 25 % of the ticket price if less than 90 minutes were played. The exchange, refund or assertion of refund claims have to take place immediately but not later than two weeks after cancellation of the day of event. Further customer claims are excluded.
- If tickets are lost a refund of the purchase price or a delivery of replacement tickets are excluded. According to § 312 b Abs. 3 Nr. 6 BGB there is no right of withdrawal for tickets purchased via means of distance communication, e.g. the internet.
Claims for damages made by the customer against HSE are excluded unless they are based on intent, gross negligence, culpable breach of contractual obligations, the absence of a guaranteed condition or initial inability or refer to an injury to life, body or health. This limitation of liability also applies to employees and representatives as well as vicarious agents of HSE.
4. Data protection
HSE has the right to edit and save the customer’s data acquired within the framework of a business relationship in accordance with the German Federal Data Protection Act. Image and sound material like radio and television recordings may be executed by authorized persons during the matches. In this event, the customer agrees to being recorded in image and/or sound and that these recordings can be broadcast or published without entitlement to compensation.
5. House rules
Der Kunde erkennt die nachfolgende Hausordnung an und verpflichtet sich, sie jedem Abnehmer beim Kartenerwerb bekannt zu geben:
- The customer acknowledges the house rules and commits to informing every recipient who purchases tickets:
- HSE requests evidence of corresponding authorization for all reduced admission tickets prior to admission. A picture ID is required for reduced tickets upon admission. In case of a lack thereof the difference between the fare paid and the standard fare has to be paid prior to admission. Missiles, pocketknives or other dangerous items are not permitted and have to be handed in at the entrance. Animals are not allowed in the stands. People severely under the influence of alcohol will be denied admission.
- Sound, film, photo and video recordings of any kind are not allowed due to copyright. This also applies to mobile devices with photographic functions. In case of violation HSE and its employees are authorized to confiscate recording devices and cameras and to retain them until the end of the event for an additional fee. Films and recordings of any kind that show parts of the event can be confiscated and kept safe by the organizer. They will be given back if the owner agrees to delete the recordings beforehand.
- The organizer reserves the right to change the tournament’s schedule (court occupancy and program) on short notice.
- No admission in the course of an ongoing match. Exceptions like admission during breaks are possible.
- The use of cell phones is not allowed during a match. Bringing food and beverages is not permitted.
Admission tickets lose their validity upon leaving the venue.
6. Applicable law/Place of performance and jurisdiction
- German law is applicable excluding the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
- Place of performance and jurisdiction for all claims that result from a business relationship between HSE and the customer is Hamburg, provided that the customer is a registered trader, a legal person under public law or special fund under public law.